The OACAS (a registered Lobbyist) is required to fill out an attestation form stating that it does not lobby government using public funds from its clients (CAS). (CORRECTION: The OACAS, because they are an "In House Lobbyist" and not an external "Consultant Lobbyist" does not have to fill out an attestation form. Only an external "Consultant Lobbyist" would be required to do so)
If the investigation finds that the OACAS is in fact lobbying the government using public funds from it's clients (CAS) charges will be considered. Under the Act, a fine of up to $25,000 could be issued against the offenders as shown below:
Offence re public funds, etc.
(7.1) Every individual who fails to comply with section 4.1 is guilty of an offence. 2010, c. 25, s. 25 (10).
(8) Upon conviction of an offence under this section, an individual is liable to a fine of not more than $25,000. 1998, c. 27, Sched., s. 18 (8).
The following facts are obtained from the already publicly available public registry of Registered Lobbyists.
Registered Lobbyist: Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies
Senior Officer (Executive Director): Mary Ballantyne
Registration Number: OL0149-20000411140331
List of Employees Whose Duties Include Lobbying:
- --- Virginia Rowden, Director of Social Policy;
- --- Steven Woodman, Director, Corporate Services;
- --- Bernadette Gallagher, Director, Education Services;
- --- Rory Gleeson, Senior Policy Analyst;
- --- Mary Ballantyne, Executive Director;
- --- Jade Maitland, Coordinator, YouthCAN Program;
- --- Adam Diamond, Coordinator, YouthCAN Program;
The following request for an advisory opinion has been submitted to the Registrar of the Ontario Lobbyist Registry (Integrity Commissioner) for response.
Read the request by clicking here
To ensure you read the latest version of this post, please visit http://www.fostercarenews.blogspot.com as this post may have been modified since being sent out.