Without the need for a lawyer, anyone can file an application to the court for an order in the nature of Mandamus forcing the Minister to do as he/she is required to do under their own legislation.
The cost of doing so is of course about 150.00 but if you live on low income such as welfare or ODSP you can apply for a fee waiver and have court fees waived.
Anyone interested in doing so please contact me for discussion.
The following e-mail seeks to find out if the Ministry has any obligation to ensure Children's Aid Societies comply with the CFSA and the Regulations pertaining to Standards. The Ministry's response will be posted as soon as it is received.
To Judy Dunnington
From: John Dunn (email@example.com)
Sent: April 20, 2011 2:02:57 PM
To: Judy Dunnington (firstname.lastname@example.org) Judy Dunnington
Ministry of Children and Youth Services
I am writing to ask if you could please provide a written response (e-mail or paper) from the Ministry to the following questions
1. Does the Ministry of Children and Youth Services create Ministry Standards and Standards Guidelines which pertain to Children's Aid Societies in Ontario
2. Does the Ministry of Children and Youth Services have any obligation or ability what so ever to enforce the Standards and Standards Guidelines on Children's Aid Societies
3. Can the Ministry define what it means when it says it only has a "Monitoring Role" over children's aid societies
4. What are Ministry Issued "Directives" and does the Ministry have the ability to enforce Ministry Issued Directives
5. Why will the Ministry of Children and Youth Services not publish on their website copies of Directives issued to Children's Aid Societies
Thank you very much
The Foster Care Council of Canada
Read the latest at
To ensure you read the latest version of this post, please visit http://www.fostercarenews.blogspot.com as this post may have been modified since being sent out.