The Board response will be posted here once received.
From: John Dunn (email@example.com)
Sent: April 15, 2011 8:50:25 AM
To: CFSRBOliverUrcuyo CFSRBOliverUrcuyo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cc: Ottawa-West Nepean MPP - Bob Chiarelli;
NDP Child Welfare Critic, MPP - Andrea Horwath;
Ontario Ombudsman, Andre Marin;
PC Child Welfare Critic, MPP- Sylvia Jones;
NDP MPP France Gelinas;
PC MPP - Randy Hillier;
PC MPP - Tedd Arnot;
Manager (Acting) - CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES REVIEW BOARD/CUSTODY REVIEW BOARD
2 Bloor St W
Toronto ON M4W3V5
Phone: 416-327-9288 Email: email@example.com
As acting Manager of the Child and Family Services Review Board, could you please answer for the public the following questions:
1. How long has the Board been turning away complaints by CAS clients as the result of the Superior Court of Ontario decision which removes jurisdiction from the Board to deal with complaints about Children's Aid Societies?
2. When did the Board inform the Ministry of Children and Youth Services of this important issue and how?
3. How many CAS related cases have been turned away as the result of this bad decision.
4. Will the Board review all of the applications which were rejected if the appeal is successful?
5. Will or has the Board put information pertaining to this important issue on their website for the public and send a press release relating to it to Ontario media sources?
6. Are you aware that Societies (Ottawa CAS Specifically) have been refusing to initiate ICRP panels since the Board lost jurisdiction over those complaints?
The Foster Care Council of Canada
Read the latest at
To ensure you read the latest version of this post, please visit http://www.fostercarenews.blogspot.com as this post may have been modified since being sent out.