Wednesday, December 16, 2009

He Took My Pain - You Tube Poem - By John Dunn

John Dunn has uploaded an audio recording of a poem he wrote in 2001 which refers to a moment in his life at age 09 (1980) after having been moved to a new foster home and he was feeling particularly hurt and upset by the loss of his friends at the old foster home.

See video below


video

HE TOOK MY PAIN

Lying in the bottom bunk

I was nine

We were moving again

In another new home

I wanted to cry

I think my brother knew this
because all of a sudden...
he hung his hand down overtop of me.

I swung at it... and hit it.
I kept hitting it

He left it there...

I grabbed onto his hand
My nails dug deep

He stayed...

I pulled chunks
I dug, and dug

He stayed...

I felt pieces falling

I felt better

He took my pain

3 comments:

  1. how does one write a visual for: 'tear-drops'?

    : (

    so, so sorry for the sadness endured... XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm a visual for tear-drops.. let's try..

    :`(

    Hey, that works! I thank you for your sympathy. I am of course not hurting now, but yes, it is amazing the power of words to bring back an emotion. Today I spoke to my brother and told him how much I love him... he was getting ready to go to work (bike courier in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete