Friday, June 12, 2009

Children's Aid Society of Ottawa Ignores Complaints

The Children's Aid Society of Ottawa's Executive Director, Barbara MacKinnon continues to ignore a community member's requests to speak about the Society's unexplained denial of membership. A complaint was filed with the Society's Director of Professional Standards, Pierre Viger, who appears to be following the corporate culture, or leading in it, by ignoring complaints filed with the agency which do not come under the purview of section 68 service complaints.

UPDATE 1: Pierre Viger has informed me that he has written a reply to my complaint and that it is in the mail. We will keep you posted.

See latest e-mail below.

Pierre Viger
Professional Standards
Children's Aid Society of Ottawa


Pierre Viger

Could you please confirm whether you have received the enclosed e-mail message dated June 09, 2009 regarding a complaint as I have not yet heard any response from you nor anyone at the Society.


Sincerely
John Dunn
Executive Director
The Foster Care Council of Canada
http://www.afterfostercare.ca




From: johndunn@afterfostercare.ca
To: pviger@casott.on.ca
CC: irwin.elman@provincialadvocate.on.ca; ahorwath-qp@ndp.on.ca; julia.munro@pc.ola.org; amarin@ombudsman.on.ca; susan.bihun@ontario.ca; editor@nepeanthisweek.com; lisa.macleod@pc.ola.org; cato_members@yahoogroups.com; coar_action@yahoogroups.ca; imc-canada@lists.indymedia.org; imc-ontario-stories@lists.indymedia.org; imc-ontario@lists.indymedia.org; imc-ottawa@lists.indymedia.org; afterfostercare@yahoogroups.com; afterfostercare-exec@yahoogroups.com; dumbrill@mcmaster.ca; barbara.mackinnon@casott.on.ca; tengelking@casott.on.ca
Subject: RE: Membership Inquiry - 7th Attempt
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 20:51:21 -0400

Pierre Viger
Professional Standards
Children's Aid Society of Ottawa


Pierre Viger

I would like to ask if you, as Director of Professional Standards at the CAS, the person who deals with complaints within the Society, if you could review the matter wherein Barbara MacKinnon has refused to respond to my enclosed email request below which has been sent several times seeking an opportunity to meet and discuss the reason for the Society refusing my membership application request.

Please read the message below as it is the seventh time I have submitted the request to Barbara at the same e-mail address that I used in previous communications with her. I am sure the e-mail address is functional since she responded to me when I offered to drop charges against her and at other times with the same e-mail address.



Sincerely
John Dunn
Executive Director
The Foster Care Council of Canada
http://www.afterfostercare.ca




From: johndunn@afterfostercare.ca
To: barbara.mackinnon@casott.on.ca
CC: irwin.elman@provincialadvocate.on.ca; ahorwath-qp@ndp.on.ca; julia.munro@pc.ola.org; amarin@ombudsman.on.ca; susan.bihun@ontario.ca; editor@nepeanthisweek.com; lisa.macleod@pc.ola.org; cato_members@yahoogroups.com; coar_action@yahoogroups.ca; imc-canada@lists.indymedia.org; imc-ontario-stories@lists.indymedia.org; imc-ontario@lists.indymedia.org; imc-ottawa@lists.indymedia.org; afterfostercare@yahoogroups.com; afterfostercare-exec@yahoogroups.com; dumbrill@mcmaster.ca
Subject: RE: Membership Inquiry - 7th Attempt
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:35:37 -0400

On February 13th, April 03rd, April 09th, May 21st, May 28, and June 01, 2009 I sent requests to you seeking a meeting to discuss the following.

1. Whether or not the Society would accept a membership application from me, and if not, for how long, and;
2. What the Society's reasons are for not accepting a membership application from me so that I can then know what I can do to work toward being accepted as a member of the Society in the near future.


It has been approximately four months at this point since I asked you for a meeting and have not heard a response from you. Can you please respond at your earliest convenience to let me know if you would meet with me to discuss the above noted questions.

As it appears to date, I am having my membership application with the Society banned for life because I do advocacy related to holding child-welfare authorities accountable for their actions, and for assisting youth in care with questions they have and situations they are dealing with.

As you will remember, I dropped the charge against you personally under the Corporations Act last year in a gesture of good faith to attempt to establish a more professional working relationship between us. Although I appreciate the fact that you have always been polite to me in person when I appear at meetings of the Board of Directors of the Society, I still feel that when it comes down to the topic of me becoming a member of the Society we have a lot of ground to cover in repairing our relations.

I am sincerely looking forward to your response in regard to this matter. For your convenience, I have also enclosed (below) the Feb. 13th, April 03rd, April 09th, May 21st, May 28, and June 01st 2009 Membership Inquiries mentioned above.



Sincerely
John Dunn
Executive Director
The Foster Care Council of Canada
http://www.afterfostercare.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment